Review: Han Guuk Guan

2 comments
Han Guuk Guan Review



Looking for a good Korean restaurant in CBD?
Han Guuk Guan is one of the best Korean restaurant around. :D
They serve a wide variety of Korean food including Korean BBQ.
What's more is that they have a 50% off for BBQ every monday.

I've tried their Korean BBQ once, but they limit the choice of the BBQ that is on promotion. I ordered beef bulgogi, spicy squid and lastly spicy chicken. They were quite impressive.
The beef bulgogi was pretty juicy and yummy~
The spicy squid was rather disappointing since I had a high expectation for this one. It's not so bad but the squid was a bit tasteless.
Spicy chicken? It's a good choice too. Not really that good but not so bad either.
I'm sorry that I don't have pictures for the BBQ. :(

Well, let's move on.
 
 
As some of you might have known this dish, it is called Jjajangmyun or Korean Black Bean Paste Noodles. So far I think this is the best Jjajangmyun that I've found in Melbourne. The flavour of the black bean sauce was just right. Moreover, it's not as sweet as some other restaurants might serve it. The hand made noodle was chewy too. If you like Korean dishes, I recommend this dish to you. :D
 
 
 
"Isn't this dish the same as the previous one?"
Well, it's similar but this one is the variety of Jjajangmyun which is known as Samsun Jjajangmyun or Seafood Black Bean Noodles. Personally, I prefer this one rather than the usual Jjajangmyun. I might be biased since I love seafood. :P
I found that the paste of this dish is thicker than the usual Jjajangmyun which made it more delicious. The seafood inside that I could notice, was just prawns and slices of octopus. There was a bit of spicy sensation in Samsun Jjajangmyun which would help to increase your appetite and also gave more variety to its taste.
 

This dish is known as the highlight of Han Guuk Guan. Spicy and Sweet Chicken. I believe that you will not be disappointed by this dish. Its sweetness and spiciness will pamper your palate and make you crave for it even more. The serving was large too. I shared this dish with 3 other friends. 

 
Well, this one is actually ordered by Celeste. I'm not really sure about the name of the dish. Basically, it's just short ribs cooked with eggs and noodles in beef broth. There is nothing special with this dish. The beef broth is a bit bland. I don't really recommend this dish.
 
 
As usual, there are always side dishes accompanying your meal in every Korean Restaurant. I don't know why but I really like the kimchi here. :p


Overall,

Price: 7/10
Food: 8.5/10
Service: 7.25/10
Ambience: 6/10

Estimated price/person: $18
________________________________________________________
 
 
CBD
13A Victoria St
Melbourne, 3000
Website: none



~Rondoletto~
 
 


Han Guuk Guan on Urbanspoon
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

2 Response to Review: Han Guuk Guan

October 20, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Hi RnR, thanks for the link. This restaurant does look good. I'll have to check it out one day.

October 21, 2010 at 4:35 PM

U're welcome.. :D

Post a Comment