Recipe: French Toast with Honey & Lemon

4 comments
French toast with honey & lemon
 by Celeste


The entire process is pretty standardized, as French toast is extremely common. The special part is just the honey and lemon, which gives a very different taste to the toast.
A friend of mine pretty much soaks her toast in honey/syrup. People who love sweet stuff could probably try that. (Something I haven’t done, as I don’t like my food too sweet.)

Ingredients:
-          3 eggs
-          ¼ cup milk
-          1 tsp sugar
-          Honey
-          Pinch salt
-          7 slices bread
-          Lemon

Procedures:
      1. Beat the eggs, add in milk, sugar, 1 tbsp honey and pinch salt. Mix well.


This is not much different from the ordinary French toast, except for the added honey in the mixture. It brings a different taste and also adds crisp to the toast.

     2. Pour oil into pan over medium heat.
     3. Cut bread into half to make triangular slices.
     4. Dip bread into the mixture, make sure all parts of the bread is covered. Put the bread into the oil to fry.



     5. Remove from pan when brown.
     6. Drizzle with more honey and lemon juice to serve. Add butter if desired.




 ~Rondoletto~



All recipes are on Petitchef
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

4 Response to Recipe: French Toast with Honey & Lemon

October 22, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I think I will make this french toast for breakfast tomorrow. I have all the ingredients. Love the honey inside the batter too.
Thanks for sharing!

October 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I believe the addition of honey makes the difference here. I love this typ of toast.

October 23, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Well I know what I am making for Saturday morning breakfast with the grand kiddies, thanks for the honey idea.

October 24, 2010 at 12:16 AM

@Elisabeth: U're welcome... :D
@Katerina: I like it too...^^
@medifast: should try this one...
@vincent: Thx for the info... I've added my blog and still being reviewed. Hope they like it...

Post a Comment