Review: Cafe Cavallino

2 comments


Cafe Cavallino Review.

Firstly, I want to apologize for the postpone of the posts due to my laptop that broke down a week ago. Now I'm still considering which laptop to get. So please be patient.. :D
Once, I get the new laptop more posts will be up...^^

Okay, let's get to the main point~~





Confuse of choosing so many Italian restaurants along Lygon Street?
Well, I have Cafe Cavallino to be recommended for you. I believe that it is a cafe for Ferrari lovers. :D
It's also a good place to celebrate your friend's birthday as what we did.
Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday to Ms S... ^^

For the appetiser we ordered Pumpkin Soup and Wedges with Chili Sauce and Sour Cream


For the Pumpkin Soup, I did not find anything special with it. It's quite tasty and creamy. Still passable.


Wedges with Chili Sauce and Sour Cream. Well, the wedges is just like any other wedges. Again, nothing much special about this one but it makes a good starter for crumbling stomach. The sweet and sour cream is a bit tasteless though. You need to dip a whole lot of it in order to get the sour taste.

Next,


Bocconcini bread. At first I've mistaken this bread as garlic bread as they look very similar. However, their taste is quite different. This Bocconcini bread is made up of herb bread with Bocconcini Cheese. There is an alluring fragrant from the bread which will make you impatient to try this bread. The cheese is yummy!!! I like it a lot. Also, the bread added the sense of crispiness to the dish. Yum~~


This one? It's called Agnolotti Doriano. Basically, it's a kind of ravioli filled with beef and served with bolognese  sauce and parsley. Overall, it's not bad. However, I didn't find it as tasty after a few bites. I guess it's because of the beef that is inside the agnolotti which I found a bit plain. 


This pizza is named after the cafe, Cavallino. According to the description, this pizza contains sauce, mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes, olives, parsley, Proscuitto(Ham), Rucola (roquette salad), shaved parmesan, goat cheese, bruschetta. Quite a long description isn't it? Yea...
I didn't expect the pizza to suit my taste. Surprisingly, this one is delicious.  The crispiness of the base, accompanied with the freshness of the rucola and tomatoes, created a great combination! Don't forget, there is also Ham on the pizza which gives extra indulgence to your mouth.


Do you notice something different with this pizza? Ya! It's a combination of "American" and "Lygon Special". For some of you who loves pizza, American maybe a wise choice to try. Personally, I felt that the highlight of the night is the Lygon Special. Wonderful combination of Ham, Mushroom, Hot salami, mild peppers, pineapple and prawns is ready to shake your mouth with a blazing sensation! So far, in Melbourne, I think this pizza is the best pizza I've ever had. Well, I have not been staying too long here. Probably you can give me suggestion if you don't agree with this. :D
There is spiciness and sourness in the pizza which I love the most. I really feel like eating this pizza again. ><

Actually, we also ordered a cake, which I believed to be a triple chocolate cake. I can't really remember the exact name. The cake was just awesome! There is a plenty of chocolate in it! For a chocoholic like me, I love everything with chocolate... :P
Sorry that I forgot to take the picture of the chocolate cake since it's a birthday cake for Ms  S. :D




Overall:

Price: 8/10
Food: 8.25/10
Service: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10

Estimated price per person: $ 18

_____________________________________________________________________





181 Lygon St
Carlton VIC 3053


~Rondoletto~



Cafe Cavallino on Urbanspoon
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

2 Response to Review: Cafe Cavallino

October 30, 2010 at 3:23 AM

I think the pizzas there are quite nice, but pastas are just alright. Lol. Never got to try the desserts though! Always too full. =.=

October 31, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I agree with you... you should try their cakes... they're quite nice also =D

Post a Comment