Review: Il Dolce Freddo

5 comments
Il Dolce Freddo Review
Have you heard about Il Dolce Freddo before?
Well if you haven't... I can say that Il Dolce Freddo is probably the place where you can find the best gelati in Melbourne...  It's just awesome!!!! =D



Award winning gelati.. this is not surprising because their gelati are just awesomely awesome and addictive =D

(Inside of Il Dolce Freddo)



There are lots of gelati you can choose from... from the one that is chocolaty to the one that is fruity... yummmm


I had 3 scoops on a cone...
from bottom to the top:
- Roche: This is my favorite gelato... the taste is similar to ferrero rocher... this is amazing!!! MUST TRY!!!
- Tiramisu: This one is great too! However, Rondoletto thought that this one is lacking of tiramisu flavor...
- Cream Caramel: If you're looking for a classic taste, then this is the perfect choice...

*Recommendation: Roche and Cream Caramel went together perfectly... it's a perfect combination =D

Also, I've tried:
- Pistachio: a great gelato... one scoop is never enough =P
- Nutella: this one shouldn't be missed!! it's amazing...
- Freddo Surprise: gelato with white chocolate bits and crunch wafer...  yummmm
- Cookies and Cream: one of my favorites too.... 
- Baileys: yummy!!! =D

The Verdict?

Food: 9.5/10
Price: 8.5/10
Service: 9/10
Ambience: 7.5/10

Estimated price per person: AUD 6
____________________________________________________________________
Il Dolce Freddo
116 Lygon St
Carlton VIC 3053


-Rondoletti-

Il Dolce Freddo on Urbanspoon
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

5 Response to Review: Il Dolce Freddo

Anonymous
October 8, 2010 at 10:51 PM

like2!!!! =D =D =D

October 9, 2010 at 1:06 AM

My personal all-time-favourite is Roche! :D It's just sooooo good! Snickers and green tea are not bad too. I had the Lemon last week as I had a sore throat, quite good as well!

Apparently the Durian is just awesome. But I just can't take the smell/taste so never had first hand experience.

Moving to the not-so-good side of Freddo's, I didn't quite like their Tiramisu (sorry! :p), Rum & Raisin and Mango.

Gelatissimo has way better mango and passionfruit. And their chocolate sorbet is just divine to me! :)

October 9, 2010 at 9:35 AM

@Celeste : yup2... Me too... I love Roche... Have u tried Freddo Surprise? It's my favourite... ><
Maybe I should try Snickers next time...

Actually I'm an anti-durian. :p So i don't think i'll ever try it...

Yup... Agree... I find the Tiramisu is not so good either...

Well, looks like I need to try Gelatissimo soon.. There are really a lot of things that we haven't reviewed... :p
So please keep checking our site since we'll publish more reviews soon... :D

October 9, 2010 at 1:52 PM

I've tried the Freddo Surprise as well, similar to Roche eyh. Except for it's white chocolate? Was quite good, but still Roche is the best!

Yes I'd keep track of this blog for sure. :)

October 9, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Yup.. I like both... ><

Thx... :D

Post a Comment