Review: Old Town Kopitiam

0 comments
Old Town Kopitiam Review


Good Day everyone!!!! =D
Yesterday night I had dinner at Old Town Kopitiam at Little Bourke St
Don't be mistaken with the Old Town Kopitiam at Little Bourke St being the same as Old Town Kopitiam Mamak at QV. Both restaurants have slightly different menu. The common thing is that both of them are serving Malaysian cuisine. 

Here's a shot of the Old Town Kopitiam



Although the restaurant is not big, it is still a good place to dine... =D 

I ordered Old Town Char Kway Teow (AUD 9.90). This is one of the chef's recommendations  in the menu. So I was thinking why not give it a try?... =D



First impression? YES! this is what I've been looking for!!! =D It's quite difficult to find Singapore char kway teow in Melbourne. The look was very much similar to char kway teow in Singapore or Malaysia... =D

What I love was the toppings they've used - prawns, fish cake, bean sprouts, chinese sausage, and deep-fried pork fat. I was especially in love with the deep-fried pork fat (although it's unhealthy) =P... it goes exceptionally well with the char kway teow ...

BUT! the char kway teow was too salty!!!! =(  they've added too much soy sauce, I guess... That's very disappointing, though... I was expecting a sweet (but not so sweet) char kway teow. Well, I guess I'm still in search of a good Singapore char kway teow in Melbourne.... =D

and here's the score
Food: 7/10
Price: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Ambience: 8.5/10


Estimated price/person: AUD 9.90
____________________________________________________________________





Ground Level, 195 Lt Bourke St
Melbourne VIC 3000
Website: http://oldtownkopitiam.com.au

-Rondoletti-



Old Town Kopitiam on Urbanspoon
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "Review: Old Town Kopitiam"

Post a Comment