Review: China Bar Signature (Part 1)

1 comments


China Bar Signature Review (Part 1)




Hi all~
I’m ~Rondoletto~
Nice to meet you~ :D




Well, without further ado let me introduce you to China Bar Signature...



It's actually my second time coming to this buffet restaurant. There are so many things I wanna talk about.. >< But, let's start with the food first...
This buffet restaurant serves quite a wide variety of Asian food such as Chinese, Singaporean, Japanese, Malaysian, Hong Kong as well as Indian food. Unfortunately, there is no Korean and Indonesian food.  However, you don't have to be sad as there is a lot of dessert to comfort you with :)

Let's START!!! For me the best starter here is Dim Sum






Some of you may think, "why there is only one dim sum per container?". Well, it's not that we have eaten it, but there is only one piece of dim sum in one container. It's actually better that there is only one piece per container so you can take more type of food. :p For the dim sum,...hmm...I don't find anything special about it. It's not that good but it's not bad either... But there is one thing that impressed me out of all the dim sum, it's the "fried pao" (I can't remember the name of it. It's at the top part of the picture above. The one that looks like a turtle shell. :p) The first time I went there the filling of the pao was red bean paste, but the second time was barbecued pork. I prefer the one with the redbean filling as it goes better with the pastry outside of it. Okay, let's move on~~~ ^^



The picture below is where the Dim Sum(the furthest away), Malaysian and Indian food (on the white table and the most left picture) are~~









Here is some example of the Indian food mixed with Malaysian food.
The one with the curry is roti canai (Malaysia) aka roti prata (Singapore). According to Wikipedia the origin of this food is actually from India. I like the roti canai. Still, there is nothing special about it but I personally like roti canai. So it maybe a bit biased. :p
Beside the roti canai there is some szechuan spicy chicken (on the most left). My friend finds the szechuan spicy chicken was very tasty. If I can give my opinion, I don't think that it is spicy enough to be called "spicy". So I only find it okay.
The chicken satay is not so bad though. It is very similar to the one that I ate in Lau Pa Sat, Singapore.
The next one is the sesame prawn. It's quite good. It's crunchy and tasty. I don't find it oily too. So it can be recommended. :D
Well, the fried egg and fried "kacang" (ground nut) are just normal since they are just side dish.


Yay~ Sushi!!~
Hmm... Don't get too excited first... The variety of sushi is a bit disappointing since we can only come for  lunch. Based on the menu in the chinabar signature website, there are a lot of sushi and sashimi for the diner buffet. But sadly, we cannot come for the diner buffet. "Why?". I'll talk about it later. :D
Since I came with 4 other friends including "Rondoletti", we agreed that the sushi is just like any other sushi that you can find in the city.  So, if you wanna come here just because of the sushi, I suggest that you might want to try better buffet restaurant with sushi on their menu. 
Nevertheless, if you are still curious about it, I think it's better for you to go for the diner menu in chinabar since they have more variety of sushi for diner.

Time to move on~~~ It's now the picture of the Chinese food~~




The Chinese food here can be recommended as well, especially the roasted pork which I love the most.  The crispy skin of the pork accompanied with tender meat  can be one of the best food here. The taste is just right for me. But if you want to challenge it with other restaurant such as Pacific BBQ Cafe, it maybe hard to say that the roasted pork in Chinabar can win. However, considering that they have served wide range of food, it is counted as one of the best in Chinabar. 
Furthermore, there are also other food such as Hainanese chicken rice, roasted duck, bbq pork, pork and century egg congee and many kind of soup like corn soup, winter melon with pork ribs soup, and lastly bak kut teh (肉骨茶). Although I believe that my stomach is big enough to be filled with all these, sadly I have to sacrifice some of them in order to eat other food and desserts. 
Owh...! Before we move on, I wanna talk about the Hainanese chicken rice. The rice is a bit disappointing if I'm comparing it with the Hainanese chicken rice in Singapore. The rice is a bit dry and tasteless unlike the one in Singapore which has nice aroma and savory flavor. The chicken is tasteless too. Hopefully, the next time I go there, there might be some improvement in the chicken rice :(


Singaporean and Malaysian Hawker-style food~~~ XD




Char Koay Teow!!! Laksa!!! I love both of them :p
Okay, let's continue... For the char koay teow that I anticipated the most, the taste is not so bad. It's just a bit lacking of sweet soy sauce. If only they put more sweet soy sauce, I might have titled it with "the best food" in Chinabar. The best part of this food is that the restaurant serves it hot from the pan for the customer. This can be counted as one credit for Chinabar as these kind of food does not taste good if it is not hot. Same goes to the laksa. It is served hot from the pot. But I find the laksa disappointing though. The laksa soup somehow tastes similar to tom yum soup except it is not spicy or sour. To put it simple, it's a bit bland. Although there are a lot to put in the laksa such as mushroom, fishcake, and fishball, sadly they can't help to revive the soup.
The last one is jellyfish and "duck tounge". Well, I'm not sure that it is real duck tounge. As u can see, it is too big to be called duck tounge. Actually I don't get to eat the duck tounge but my friend, who ate it, said that it was nice. For the jelly fish, it's not very tasty. I only can say that it is chewy. Nothing special about it. :(

Guys~ I think that I have already talked long enough for this part. It's been 2.5 hours since I started. So, let me take a break and continue this later. Thanks for reading...^^


                                                                                                             ~Rondoletto~

China Bar Signature (Asian Buffet) on Urbanspoon
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

1 Response to Review: China Bar Signature (Part 1)

Anonymous
October 8, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Makes me song hungry~~~ =)

Post a Comment