Review: Earl Canteen

0 comments
Earl Canteen Review



Earl Canteen, the top number one talk of the town in Urbanspoon till today ( 3 Oct '10).
Well, Earl canteen has been in my wish list since I discovered Urbanspoon... :P
With so many reviews and talks about this little and sweet 'canteen', finally I've made a visit. ^^


Let's start with their infamous "sex sandwich". XD


This sandwich is actually known as Pork Belly Sandwich on their menu. I've heard numerous rumours regarding the crispiness and the deliciousness of this sandwich. Well, it's now a fact that I can't deny. Yes! It's indeed yummy!!! ><
The crispiness of the pork accompanied with the freshness of apple, cabbage & fennel coleslaw, and wilted silverbeet, hmmm..., I'm pretty sure that you'll want it more and more....
The pork is quite salty if you eat it by its own. However, it goes really well with the baguette. Owh ya~ the baguette is pretty hard to be cut by knife though. So if you really want to enjoy it, I suggest that you can just grab the sandwich and give it a big bite! :D


Since it's our first time there, we didn't have the chance to try other menu since we wanted to try the Pork Belly Sandwich. Fortunately, my friend tried the Wagyu Meatball Sandwich. I was pretty excited to know that it's wagyu. So, I offered an exchange :P
It's indeed a delicious sandwich topped with zucchini pickles and shaved parmesan. The sauce tastes pretty much like bolognese sauce.
Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed with this sandwich. The meatball is not as good as what I was expecting or maybe my expectation was too high. ;P
But overall, It's still good.

Maybe next time I should try the Real Steak Sandwich which sound mouth-watering to me... :P



Overall:

Price: 7.5/10
Food: 8.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10

Estimated price per person: $ 15



_____________________________________________________________________



Ground level,
500 Bourke,
Lt Bourke St courtyard,

Melbourne 3000

~Rondoletto~






EARL Canteen on Urbanspoon
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "Review: Earl Canteen"

Post a Comment